Wednesday 21 November 2012

3dsMax / Vray Day 1

Finally decided was time to get learning some 3dsmax and Vray,I've been putting it off for a while but figured would be a good thing to add to my skills so watched some quick tutorials and jumped into playing about.The biggest challenge switching from Maya to Max is for sure learning the different tool names,rather than watching hours of tutorials I goggled the ones I needed and got right to it,this is the first scene I modelled in Max,learning the tools and a little about Vray (still need work on UV mapping and materials).
Starting a more complex scene soon as I have free time to get into the details of Max modelling,its a slower process than Maya but I'm looking forward to trying some of the plugins and extra tools Max offers.

Pretty basic and not too many detailed objects but taught me all the basics in an afternoon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment